Monday, September 1, 2014

That robe.

Allahu bismik.



Tarbiah
has really done something to us.


And often we realize it..
Only after we enter a different phase
Or that the physical conditions changed





I started to realize it
As the convocation season started, since July.

As people were so excited.
So eager to wear the robe.
Very pleased.
Very proud.
Very satisfied.
With that hat on top of their heads.
Flowers and scrolls in their hands.
And, that robe..
wrapping their bodies.


That robe.


People might scroll at those recently graduates' photos
With glad, with another growing desire
Of being in their places one day.

But I cant help
Staring at the robes..
And people's pride to be in it...


xxxx


Few days ago
As I followed my family to Skudai
For my beloved sister's degree registration

We stayed in an apartment
I think I haven't watched tv for ages
Even the tv screen looks so unfamiliar
But yea, as we're trapped in the apartment
we often can't help but to watch what's already there.

So it is the Harry Potter movie.

We watched the first of the 8 series available.

And,
I can't help but silenced,
as I saw the Hogwarts students learning magic
were wearing yet the same robe,
The jubahs.


I still can recall the history
When the west were adoring the Muslims so much
The civilised nation, the knowledgeable scholars, the highly-mannered people,
They copied almost everything the muslim did..
Translated the books written by the muslim scholars..
and how them seeing those brilliant people wearing the robes
Made them wear it on their convocation day
To tell that they have also achieved some high level of knowledge



xxxx


So those photos
And that movie

Were just reminding me of the caliphate's era.
How we long... to restore the khilafah.
How we long, to see Islam rise, back again.


My eyes were that at the screen
Yet my memory travelled far
To where the victory belonged to us..

Knowing how high the honour we achieved
Tells us how deep we have fallen
And how unbearable the pain is



No comments: