Bismillah.
As I took a moment to pause and reflect on the past year, subhanallah.. I can never thank Allah enough. Without me realizing, it's Him. It's Him, who has carved the path and secured it for me. Even I couldn't tell what lies ahead of me. Talking about family, career, studies (Well those were the worries back then). I could never tell when things should happen.
But, alhamdulillah, Allah made 2016 the year, where I graduated, got married, and embarked on my career journey. All happened in less than three months. All praises to You, Rabb. I can never do this without You.
#Marriage
Back then I was so skeptic to talk about marriage. I'm so not into 'jiwang' things, blergh. Haha. Until Allah taught me through a marriage seminar that I attended (well, dragged by a friend haha). From seeing marriage just as jiwang-thingy, into a noble job of building this ummah, of putting a quality block into places. From that moment onwards, I can't help, but to take it a bit more seriously.
Bit by bit, Allah made me include marriage into my daily prayers. I can never ask Allah for a specific someone. But I always ask Allah to grant me the best person, at the best time, at the best place and in the best way in accordance to His sight. Too afraid to ask for a specific criteria, I left the rest to Him.
Long story short, on 12th of August 2016, Allah revealed His divine plan to me - of who, how, where and when I shall meet my spouse. Things happened just too fast. I got an email, we met up, we both agreed, he came home to meet abi & ummi, got enganged for a year, and there he came again to utter the sacred oath.
If people usually said your nerve will disappear as soon as the solemnization was over, that formula did not work for me. I just got more and more adrenaline rush after the knot was tied. To meet a stranger, Allahu... Allah helped me through and alhamdulillah, now he is my best buddy, my Imaam, my financial consultant, my fashion advisor, my proof-reader, my daily reminder, my comedian, my soulmate till Jannah insyaAllah.
By this marriage, may Allah make me someone who manages time better, who prioritize others more than myself, who guards her gaze and her modesty, who witness Allah's love, more and more. Ameen.
#Career
Alhamdulillah I got a conditional offer a few months before I finished my study, and here I am crawling to discover a lot of thing in this totally new world. Being a kinaesthetic person, I can appreciate a lesson most when I experience it myself - compared to listening, or just watching. So I really look forward to understand more of what I've learned in school and university years from this new phase.
I always consider my working days, as another day to learn, and to better myself. Of dealing with new people, being humble, doing things that you love passionately and doing things that you find boring faithfully. I also realize myself as someone who needs schedule and time slots, so working hour gets me going. I really hope that by working, I'll be someone more disciplined, more organized, more productive and more punctual. May Allah guide me in exploring this field, gain expertise and contribute to this ummah from it.
Knowing career is what consumes more than a third of your life, we shall not take this as just another day so you get you pay at the end of the month. I myself am ashamed, of days when I was less productive. Astaghfirullah.
Astaghfirullah, astaghfirullah.
No comments:
Post a Comment