Tuesday, May 3, 2016
"Do you wanna pray together?"
Saat matahari berada di sepenggalah (menurut kiraan apps), I walked myself downstairs to where the musolla is. Alhamdulillah, how blessful we are to have own spacious prayer room, one for brothers and another one for the sisters.
As I was unfolding the prayer mat, a sister entered. I immediately changed the mat orientation from portrait to landscape and then turned,
"Do you wanna pray together?"
"Yes"
"Can you be the imam?"
In half hesitation and half excitement... She nodded.
As I turned my head around to finish the zuhr prayers, she immediately turned her head towards me, wrapped her hand around my shoulder, and kissed me on my forehead.
*arabic* "where are you from?"
"ana min malizi"
"what do you study?"
"chemical engineering"
"what about you? where are you from?"
"Libya"
Then her eyes watered.
"Sorry, I get very emotional. It's hard to see non-arabic to pray, to practise. God bless you. God bless you."
She hugged and kissed my head again.
"In Libya, we used to pray together with my friends. But here no. This is the first time I be the imam over here"
Hugs and kisses again.
"Then I get to be your first ma'mum" :)
Not much of conversation as musolla isn't really the place, so we then dismissed. Not more than 15 minutes, but has left its own mark deep in my heart.
How beautiful this connection is: A complete stranger turned a family - simply because of where we prostrate ourselves to.
Besarnya sebab untuk bersyukur.
Satu daripada beribu cerita yang pastu aku rindu, di bumi ratu ini.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment